Post Weekend Post

September 18, 2017

Getting back into the swing of this school thing post Harvey has been tough.  Jonathan didn't start until after Harvey so we are still trying to figure out the ins and outs of how it will go this year with Georgia's school and gym schedule and trying to get dinner made each day now that Jonathan's day is slightly longer than usual.
 We're trying to make sure we still get in some family chill time.  We had dinner at the park the other night.  Nothing special.
Every time they play outside they get out ALL the toys!
Monday nights always look like this.  Spaghetti night!
His best hide and seek spot ;)
So Milam's skin has been crazy lately.  I took him to a dermatologist and long story short I was super unimpressed with their assessment and pretty much everything about the office.  A friend told me to try adding probiotics into his diet.  I added baby probiotics to his morning milk. The picture on the left is the morning before he had his first dose.  The picture on the right is the next day.  Notice how much better the patch on the left looks! (Your left, not his).  It's gotten better every day.  We've since filled his ointment RX and am using it sparingly and I don't see nearly the results as I did with the probiotics.  We're using both still and I'm hoping it continues to get better.
Georgia also decided to get baptized.  This was right after she told her dad.
This one IS ALWAYS climbing!  He keeps me on my toes!
On Sunday we wanted to have a fun day in Houston.  We went to Discovery Green.  Of course had a hard time finding parking...but I really wanted to see the latest instillation.
THEN, I really wanted to see the Rist exhibit at the MFA.  Saturday was the last day it was open so this was the day.  Jonathan and I stumbled upon a Rist exhibit in Barcelona (read: we went in without paying on accident) so I HAD to see this one!
My kids LOVED it but a little too much so Milam lasted about 5 minutes (or less!) before we took him out because I wouldn't put it past him to literally tear the whole thing down (#trueStory)  We again had a hard time parking and then got in trouble for touching the outside wall of the art building.  I'm not even kidding.
We hit up the main gallery and the ever popular light tunnel.  I got in trouble again for trying to take the stroller up the escalator even though Milam wasn't in  it.
We tried to find a look alike for everyone.  We found several for Jonathan but not one for anyone else :/ Milam also touched this painting.  Because of said incidents above, luckily nobody noticed.
 We hit up The Kitchen at the Dunlavy.  The line was super long and so we didn't stay long.  Per our luck in Houston.  I was super frustrated at this point.  The kids were hungry!
 When we got home from Houston I told Jonathan I wanted to spin like Maria (from Sound of Music) in our yard because our kids have a large space to run and play without fear of getting hit by a car and we can park wherever we want because our driveway and garage are huge.  Points for Conroe!

On Sunday, Georgia went down to the front at church to talk about getting baptized.  We are so proud of her.  She's taking a Bible to school on Monday and now says she wants to be a missionary.  Watch out world!
 And then there is this nugget!  He's the most adorable little boy in the world and that smile! Ahh!
Annnnnnd...our internet is down AGAIN! So, now I'm using a hot spot on my phone and my phone and computer will not link up so I can't get the last few pics from my phone.  Bummer :/

1 comment:

Natalie@She Builds Her Home said...

So special that Georgia is getting baptized! What a sweet girl. And I'm so glad you've found something that's working for Milam's skin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS