Coldest Texas Winter Ever

January 19, 2018

Monday, Georgia had off of school for MLK day.  It was sunny and 65 so our plan was to be outside as much as we possibly could because the following day was going to be down right frigid to us Texans.  We started the day off with a walk.
I made the kids popsicles earlier in the day so after an outdoor lunch and naps we went outside and played since I knew we would be indoors all day the following day.  Milam LOVES playing outside under the trampoline.  I just love all of his silly little faces.
 Sweet big sister does a great job playing with Milam.  She amazes me everyday with how much she loves him (Even though some days I swear if I hear her yell, "MILAM!" one more time I'm going to lose it!)
 Ugh.  His stink face.  I see this all day.
 I'm stuck, Momma!
 He makes it hard to say no to that face!
These kids love their trampoline.  I watched Georgia do several front handsprings and watched Milam get so excited because he can jump and actually get his feet off of the ground.  Both are very proud of their skills.
As I predicted, Tuesday Georgia didn't have school because of the weather.  Luckily Jonathan was off as well.  We started the day off with waffles.  Someone commented jokingly on the amount of butter I used.  Ha.  In my defense, Jonathan fixed my plate.  And, in his defense the butter wouldn't spread so he used a lot.  Either way it was delicious!
 Reporting live from Conroe Texas. It’s Georgia Powell with the channel 4 news. I’m reporting that it will start snowing in four minutes! I’m weather girl! No job is too hard for me!”  Ha! She heard me reading the Weather Channel alerts on my phone.  I love her creative mind.
Eventually we were really bored so we drove to the other side of the neighborhood to my mom's house.  We drove really slow and did not see any ice on the road (only where we drove over our ditch) and then my mom's entire sidewalk, steps, and porch were ice but we all survived ;)  Georgia, Jonathan, and my step-dad Aaron attempted a quick snowball fight.  Georgia won.
This is the third hard freeze in our area and the third time we tried the bubble experiment.  We finally got it to work!  Georgia was really excited but we were cold so we quickly went back inside.
 Georgia really wanted to go sledding so she grabbed a cookie sheet and tried her best.  Haha.
We came inside to thaw off and enjoyed watching the snow start falling more and more.  At one point the flakes were as big as a quarter.  Something I have never seen in our area.  Milam napped and we all relaxed.  When he got up Jonathan started preparing dinner, Georgia worked on an original dessert and then we got bundled up to play outside again.  OH, the laundry.
I really wanted to get some good pictures of Milam but was having too much fun.  When he saw the snow falling from the sky he was screaming with excitement.  They actually stayed outside playing for awhile.
She ended up not having school on Wednesday either because it was still in the teens when we got up and didn't get above freezing until about one.  The kids got bundled up again to play outside one last time before it all melted away.
Georgia made slushes and Jonathan cooked pumpkin bread.  Milam loved it all.
By wednesday we were getting back to normal.  I took Georgia to gymnastics and Jonathan and Milam made dinner.

Thursday Georgia finally went back to school. 
 
Today is friday and I have somewhat settled back into the "school" routine just for us the hit the weekend.  Tonight G had Fun Night at church and Jonathan and I are getting our second date night in as many weeks.  So excited!

1 comment:

Callie said...

Okay, I never thought I'd be telling YOU that I'm jealous of the snow! WHAT IS HAPPENING?? It hasn't snowed here much at all this winter. Love all the pictures, and I want to try to the bubble experiment! Come on, cold weather!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS