Long Weekend = Much Needed

February 20, 2018

Friday:
We finally got haircuts!  I needed one SO so badly.  I'll be honest.  I was battling this really bad dry spot on the back of my head and just could not get it to go away.  I told my hairdresser and she said she didn't care, and gave me a few tips to get rid of it, but I just didn't want anyone to see it.  I finally was able to get it to go away with Tgel and coconut oil so cue...hair cuts for all!  I got 8-9 inches cut off.  Georgia got A LOT cut off as well and Milam got a trim.  Post baby my hair grows in oddly wavy.  So I had straight hair, wavy hair, and straw like dead ends.  Ick.  Now I have all of that besides the straw like ends.  Ugh, it will take awhile for it to get all back to normal.
Saturday:
I took the cutest newborn pictures on saturday morning.  This rain here is killing my photo business.  Luckily newborn shoots can't be rained out.  I came home, we ran errands, and got ready for friends to come over for dinner.  I was busy all day but it was so nice to be working again and then to end the day with friends.  And I took no pictures that day that I wasn't paid to take.  Sorry.

Sunday:
We drove to Waco for just the day (2.5 hour drive for us) to see our nephew get baptized.  Our brother in law is a pastor in Waco.  We got into town a little early so we were killing time taking pictures in front of some of their newer murals.  It was colder than I thought and raining just slightly and I heard someone yelling my name.  It was my mom's sweet friend Dana.  They finished college together when I was four and worked in Forney together for like 10 years.  They were best friends and I know it was so hard for my mom (and me) to leave Rockwall because of her.  Her and her family were so sweet to my mom and I after my parents divorced.  She doesn't live in Waco so it was totally random that she was there the same time I was.  I was running in heels holding Milam (I hadn't seen her since 2013 I don't think!) and she was driving towards me with her head out the window screaming (she wasn't driving...she was a passenger!)  Y'all.  I can't even tell you what an amazing blessing it was to see her that day.  I love it when God sends you little nudges like that.
The mural pictures weren't even that exciting after seeing Dana.  She said she was telling her friends how cute those murals would be for family pictures and then said, "hey! that's Emily!"  Highlight of the trip for sure.  Also, while we were there our old music minister in Conroe is the interim music pastor at our brother in laws church so we saw him and a kid in the orchestra at the church in Waco grew up in Conroe and his mom teaches sunday school with Jonathan.  We had all sorts of reunions in Waco that day.  Seriously.  Best day ever.
One of my most popular blog posts is all about the murals in Waco.  I even have links to their exact locations.  We visit Waco often because I graduated from Baylor and Jonathan's sister and her family live in Waco so I update the post a lot.  I'm always adding to it so go ahead and bookmark it and go back to it when you take your next Texas road trip.  The link is HERE!  There is a pinable there if you do that sort of thing.

Monday:
Georgia didn't have to go to school on President's Day but Jonathan did.  Bummer.  He was actually at work before 6 am for early parent meetings.  That guy is amazing.
He got home way earlier than normal, brought us presents, cooked dinner and cleaned the kitchen, packed us a picnic, drove us to the park, and took us out for dessert.  Gah...I love him!

We had such a great long weekend! What about you guys?!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS